We’re soon kicking off our first Project Getaway event in Mauritius – a stunning island in the Indian Ocean, 1200 miles east of the African coast. Have you only heard of Mauritius as the perfect honeymoon destination?
Well, we’d like to help you discover that apart from the white sand beaches, crystal clear water, breath-taking adventure activities and rich biodiversity, Mauritius has a fast growing entrepreneurial ecosystem and is a great spot for location independent professionals.
It’s been a few years since the local government has decided to establish Mauritius as a vibrant business bridge-head between Africa, Asia and Australia. The main focus is namely on Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO).
Check out these selected articles to quickly find out more on this topic.
1. Discover why the tropical island of Mauritius is a paradise for digital nomads here: They Are “Digital Nomads” In Mauritius, Will You Join Them?”
2. In this article, ICT.io, one of our partners in Mauritius, gives you interesting insights on why Mauritius could be a good place to launch your business.
3. What startups were born in Mauritius? And who are the people behind these businesses? Read more about it on Lemauricien.com.
5. Mauritius is top-ranked among sub-Saharan African countries by the Global Competitiveness Report for 2015-2016. Get more information about its performance in different categories here.
6. Last but not least, to take an imaginary trip to this magical place for a few minutes, we recommend reading about Denis de Palatis´ travel experience here.
Want to experience it yourself?
Be quick and grab one of the few spots left for an unforgettable time in paradise!